You can have the best roofing system in the world, but if you don’t pair it with an equally superior gutter system, it’s all for naught. A lack of gutters, leaking gutters or failing gutters can be detrimental to your home. From protection of soffits and fascia to controlling soil erosion, the right gutter system offers many benefits to your home.
A Complete, Coordinated System
All of your home’s exterior components must work seamlessly in order to provide the best solutions to water run-off.
- The Roof: It takes a high quality, well-designed roof to drain all of the storm water into the gutters and downspouts.
- Gutters: Your gutters must be designed to capture all the roof drainage and properly direct the water flow into the downspouts.
- Downspouts: The pipes that carry the water from the gutters to the drain system must be attached correctly and positioned so as to encourage water flow away from the home’s foundation.
- Drain System: These are the in-ground set of pipes the work to lead the water away from the structure and into a storm drain.
Your roofing contractors should take the sum of these parts into consideration before recommending a particular gutter system.
What do Gutters Do?
Your home’s gutters:
- Protect your foundation
- Prevent erosion
- Protect your landscaping
- Prevent basement flooding
- Prevent staining to the exterior of your home
- Mitigate paint damage
- Stop mold and mildew growth
There are many reasons why you should invest in gutters for your home, especially at the time when you’re installing a new roof. Here’s a look at what gutters do.
- They save you money: Gutters prevent further issues that could increase your costs in the long run, from having to repair your home’s siding to experiencing flooding in the basement. All of these problems can be very costly, and can be prevented with the right gutters.
- They keep people dry: Gutters prevent water from falling off your roof in sheets, thereby keeping those entering or exiting your home dry.
- They help you avoid basement flooding: If you don’t have gutters, rain pools around your home’s foundation, seeps through cracks into your basement and causes flooding problems. Gutters direct water away from your home in an efficient manner to guard against uncontrollable seepage.
- They give your home and roof a neater look: Water flowing against your home gets sloppy, splashing dirt and residue against your siding. This can detract from your home’s appearance, cause paint to chip away, and necessitate frequent cleaning.
- They prevent decay: If water is allowed to leak in through your siding and roof, that excessive moisture can deteriorate and even rot your exterior materials.
- They guard against mold: Mold loves moisture and will grow in unwanted places due to weak ventilation and humidity. As that uncontrolled water leaks inside your walls, drywall gets saturated and encourages mold growth. Mold is very hard to get rid of once it starts, and it can pose many health issues.
So, if you are looking to install a new roof this year, don’t forget the gutters!
Contact Premier Systems Roofing for the Best Gutters
Premier Systems Roofing provides exceptional gutter installation services that keep your home safe from potential water damage. We can match your home and roof with the right gutter system…just contact us to schedule a consultation today at 605-301-2980.